Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Agony and the Ecstasy

Week 1 is coming to an end and I am tired.  It is hard moving - even when it's a short stint. It is hard even when you move somewhere amazing.  I understand the envy and the lack of sympathy! I would be mad as hell and green with envy if it were someone else doing this and I was watching on.  I am not complaining - I WANT to be here - nonetheless this week has been hard.

The thing is, that I am a worker bee. I enjoy going to the office, I love my job and I want to be in a creative, inspiring environment.  I adore being a mother but I find being a stay at home full-time mother impossibly hard.  I am selfish, I long for quiet time to myself and I crave ME time.  I think that's because I'm an only child and also just how my experience of motherhood has evolved - I had incredible help for the first 2 years and I've worked almost full-time for the 2nd two years while MacKenzie has been at school.

A week of 2am wake-ups, with cranky discombobulated boys (the 4 year old and the 41 year old) has been challenging.  On Monday, MacKenzie starts school 3 days a week from 9am to 3pm and I will head back to the gym.  I am longing for an hour a day on the treadmill just to unwind and burn some of these bagel calories!!!

I know that week 2 will be better.  Bring it on!

No comments: