Saturday, December 20, 2008

She Blogs...

Until now, I think Blogging has been about the only thing I DON'T do on the internet... When you live in a city besieged with rain and (at the moment) almost constant darkness, the internet becomes crucial... I remember our first few weeks in Dublin when we lived in serviced corporate apartments which offered veeeery limited internet connection... I used to wander around the garden pointing my laptop at the sky in different directions HOPING to access some small bzzzzit of connection to be able to access my emails... Then my Jessica introduced me to Facebook... and I think it's fair to say I'm addicted beyond all reason... but I've found everyone again! How wonderful! All these years of gypsygirling around the universe gathering gorgeous people and losing them ... and now I have them all back!
Anyway, I digress. Actually, I'm not sure if it's called 'digressing' if you never really had a point to begin with. But, anyway.
Here I am in Dublin, my delicious 6-month old asleep (ahem - watch this space) upstairs, my wonderful husband killing Romans on his laptop in the lounge and me - freshly re-optimised after watching 'Enchanted' and determined to BLOG.
It is Christmas. I have some poor attempts at gifts strewn carelessly in environmentally unfriendly bags in the living room, an assortment of lovely Christmas cards from friends on surfaces around the house and... no tree up yet (I believe it is in the garage, but we moved house when I was 8 months pregnant and I have no idea). I think tomorrow will be tree day. It would be rude not to, right? A large number of people are coming to my house for Christmas Eve to celebrate and the 'I'm Jewish' excuse ain't gonna fly...
Oh yes... I remember now. I like writing. Don't I have a JOURNALISM DEGREE?! Crikey. What happened to that girl?Let's see how this goes. Maybe I can be a human vomitorium (my baby has reflux) AND a blogger. Stranger things have happened.

No comments: